Picture a transformation in your living space, where rustic charm meets functional artistry, and your tabletops become a canvas for bohemian beauty.
Welcome to the realm of 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coasters, where craftsmanship blends with practicality, and your home decor blossoms with intricate designs.
Whether you're a crafting connoisseur or a newcomer to the world of handmade decor, this guide is your key to creating enchanting 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coasters. Within these steps, cords intertwine, knots form a tapestry of charm, and your home blossoms with natural elegance.
Join us on this creative journey, as we unlock the secrets of crafting 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coasters, adding a touch of botanical allure to your living space, one knot at a time.
What is Macrame?
Macrame is a popular and beautiful form of craft that involves knotting various cords together to create decorative and functional items. It's been around for centuries and has roots in various cultures, including Arabic, Chinese, and Indigenous American traditions.
The basic idea of macrame is to use different types of knots to create patterns and designs. The knots are formed by crossing, looping, and tying cords in specific ways. You don't need any special tools or equipment—just some cords (usually made of cotton, jute, or other natural materials) and your hands!
There are several common knots used in macrame, including the Square Knot, the Double Half Hitch, and the Lark’s Head knot. Combining these knots and varying their placement and direction allows you to create intricate and unique macrame designs.
Some popular items made with macrame include wall hangings, plant hangers, keychains, bracelets, and even clothing. You can experiment with different colors, textures, and cord thicknesses to add your personal touch to the creations.
Macrame is a fantastic way to unwind and be creative. It allows you to make personalized gifts for friends and family or decorate your living space with beautiful handmade pieces.
With practice and a bit of patience, you can easily learn the basic knots and start making your macrame projects. There are plenty of tutorials and resources available online to help you get started and inspire your creativity!
So, in a nutshell, macrame is a fun and relaxing craft that involves tying knots with cords to create lovely and artistic items. It's a great way to express yourself and add a touch of bohemian charm to your life!
Benefits of a Macrame Flower Coaster
The allure of Macrame Flower Coasters lies in their unique blend of aesthetics and practicality. These delightful home accessories offer a range of benefits that not only elevate your living space but also enhance your plant care experience:
- Stylish Home Decor: A Macrame Flower Coaster instantly adds a touch of style and elegance to any room. Its intricate design and natural materials create a visually appealing focal point that complements various interior design styles, from bohemian to modern.
- Functional Art: These coasters not only serve as decorative elements but also function as practical accessories. They protect your surfaces from watermarks, stains, and scratches caused by hot or cold beverages, making them a functional and beautiful addition to your home.
- Customizable: You have the freedom to choose the colors of the macrame cords, allowing you to match the coaster to your existing decor or create a unique look that suits your personal style.
- Creative Expression: Crafting or customizing your own 2-tier Macrame Flower Coaster allows you to express your creativity and personalize your decor. It's a satisfying and enjoyable DIY project that can become a source of pride.
- Conversation Starter: The unique and eye-catching design of a 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster often becomes a conversation starter when guests visit your home, providing an opportunity to share your love for crafting.
Crafting your own 2-tier Macrame Flower Coaster is more than just a DIY project; it's an invitation to enhance your home and well-being.
Join the journey of creativity, style, and plant care, and experience the joys of a greener, happier living space.
Macrame Knots You Need to Know to Make a 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster
Getting familiar with macrame knots is essential for mastering the art of Macrame. For this project, you will need to know the following knots:
- Double Half Hitch Knot
The above knot is a basic knot widely used in many macrame projects.
By learning popular knots like the Double Half Hitch Knot, you'll have a solid foundation for creating a wide range of macrame projects, including a 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster.
The Double Half Hitch Knot is fundamental and highly versatile in macrame. It is the building block for many intricate knot patterns, making it an essential technique for creating beautiful macrame designs.
Practice and repetition will help you become more confident in executing these knots, allowing you to explore more intricate patterns and designs.
This guide will assist you in learning the knots and provide insights into creating unique knot sequences and pattern designs.
2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster Cords and Materials
You will need 5mm Single Strand Twist Cotton Cord to make this particular 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster pattern.
Choosing the cord
The most crucial material is the cord. Macrame cords can be made from various materials such as cotton, jute, or nylon, each offering a different texture and appearance.
Choosing a cord that is soft, sturdy, and suitable for your desired 2-tier Macrame Flower Coaster is essential, ensuring durability and functionality.
We used a 5 mm single-strand twist cotton cord in a Sage and Dust Rose color from our Lush Line cord line which is a nice and sturdy cord that is perfect for all skill levels.
Here are the benefits of using our Lush Cord cords:
- Our Lush Cords are made from 100% finest quality Egyptian Giza cotton which has unique qualities that simply aren't found in other cotton materials.
- Beautiful shine and color offerings
- We love it because it's very soft and easy to work with
OTHER SUPPLIES & MATERIALS:
- You will need a Weaving Needle / Crochet hook for your 2-tier Macrame Flower Coaster.
You will also need some essential tools:
2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster Details
- 5” (13 cm) diameter
- 1 to 2 hours depending on skill level
Materials Needed (for 1 unit):
Cotton Lengths Needed:
- 1 x 80 cm (32”)
- 1 x 120 cm (47”)
- 1 x 180 cm (72”)
- 1 x 160 cm (63”)
- 1 x 240 cm (94”)
- 1 x 360 cm (142”)
* Note: The cord lengths suggested here are based on the pattern using 5mm Single Stand Twist Egyptian Giza Cord. Should you use a different size cord or cord from another brand, actual cord lengths may differ slightly and, therefore, should be adjusted accordingly.
Important Macrame Terms for Beginners
Here are some helpful macrame terms you should know when following this pattern:
- Knots: The Macrame involves various knots, such as the overhand knot, and the double half hitch knot. Understanding these basic knot patterns creates the foundation of Macrame. Refer to the "Macrame Knots You Will Need to Know" section for the knots used in this pattern
- Cords: Cords are the primary material used in Macrame. They are made of cotton, jute, nylon, or synthetic fibers. Macrame cords come in various thicknesses and colors.
- Fringe: Fringe refers to the loose ends of cords that hang down, adding a decorative element to beginner projects. The fringe can be left as is or trimmed to a desired length.
- Anchor cord: refers to the fixed cord or structure to which other cords are attached or knotted, providing stability and support to the design.
- Working cord: This is the cord that is actively used to create knots and patterns, manipulated and moved throughout the project to form the desired design.
2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster | Step-by-Step Pattern Instructions
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make the 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster:
- For tier 1 of the pattern, place the 80 cm cord down horizontally and then attach the 120 cm and 180 cm cords vertically with Double Half Hitch knots.
- Bring the right-end of the horizontal cord over to the left for 2 consecutive DHH knots.
- Take the next cord over to the left as a working cord for one more DHH knot.
- Bring the anchor cord over to the right, and make the same pattern.
- Make 7 more petals for a total of 9 petals.
- Turn the pattern upside down. Weave the cord ends at the back onto the loops on the opposite side.
- Trim off all excess cords.
- For tier 2, use the 160 cm cord as the horizontal cord and attach the 240 cm and 360 cm cords with DHH knots.
- Finish off the rest of the petal with the same pattern.
- Weave the anchor cord bottom up in between 2 petals of the Tier 1 pattern.
- Bring the anchor cord to the right and continue with 2 consecutive petal patterns.
- Weave the anchor cord through the next section. Repeat the same pattern all around.
- Cut off excess cords and then weave the cord ends at the back through loops on the opposite sides.
- Cut off excess cords.
2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster Cords | Video Tutorial
Unveil the magic of the 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster – where craftsmanship and elegance converge to transform your home!
With its intricate design and natural allure, the 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster isn't merely a functional piece; it breathes life and character into your living space. The harmonious blend of tiered design and floral inspiration creates a captivating fusion of artistry and nature, ensuring it becomes the center of attention.
Whether it graces your living room, bedroom, or any space where you unwind, be prepared for a flood of compliments and inquisitive questions like, "Where did you find that beauty?" It's more than just decor; it embodies the dedication and love of the artisan, intricately woven into its very fabric.
So, let this enchanting 2-Tier Macrame Flower Coaster elevate your surroundings, relish the admiration it garners, and revel in the satisfaction of owning a piece of art as unique as you. Your coaster is a vessel of positivity, turning heads, and injecting an artistic and revitalizing essence into your space.
Are you looking for more fun and simple DIY macrame patterns?
Looking to expand the macrame skills you've learned?
We got you covered with more macrame DIY projects you can make in the comfort of your own home.
I have numerous diverse DIY macrame patterns that you can explore, ranging from distinctive wall hangings for home decor to timeless plant hangers suitable for all skill levels.
The patterns come complete with step-by-step photos, written instructions, and helpful tips and tricks to assist you throughout your macrame journey.
How to Turn Knots into Exquisite Macrame Designs
Discover the art of macrame like never before!
Join our exclusive community of passionate macrame enthusiasts and unlock a world of creativity.
Gain access to a treasure trove of unique patterns, expert guidance, and a supportive network of fellow artists.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned knotter, our community is your gateway to mastering the art of macrame.
Elevate your skills, share your creations, and embark on a journey of inspiration together.
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity.